Monday, January 13, 2020

International Reading Association Newsletter Weekly Project: Effective Literacy Website #5 Exploration


Image result for brainpop    
    

        BrainPOP is a resource that provides videos for elementary through middle school students. It is a great supplemental tool that can be used for STEM, Social Studies, Reading/Writing, Arts, and Music. It is broken up into three categories. BrainPOP Jr. is catered to K-3rd Grade, BrainPOP is catered to upper elementary to middle school students, and BrainPOP ELL is for English Language Learners of all ages. I've used it in the past and love BrainPOP Jr. for my third graders.

            BrainPOP aligns to CCSS, NGSS, and U.S. State Standards. The standard cost for BrainPOP is $220 a year. BrainPOP Jr. does have a website dedicated to their free content (https://jr.brainpop.com/free-stuff/). All of the videos on BrainPOP have games, jokes, and quizzes at different levels. I love how detailed the videos are. Students really enjoy when I put on a BrainPOP. I’ve even had students in the past try to access it at home.
            I would encourage this resource to all educators. It is my favorite supplemental tool. I feel like it is worth the investment. Each time students learn a new skill and there is a BrainPOP video on the particular skill, I know I can count on it to further help my students understand a content. They are always so engaged and they look forward to the videos, jokes, 

No comments:

Post a Comment