Monday, December 23, 2019

International Reading Association (IRA) Newsletter Weekly Project: Effective Literacy Website #1 Exploration



International Reading Association (IRA) Newsletter Weekly Project:
Effective Literacy Website #1 Exploration




An effective literacy website I came across is https://jr.brainpop.com. With videos, graphics, games, and printables this interactive site is great for students of all ages. Once users finish watching a video they are presented with a variety of options to apply their knowledge such as games, craft activities, writing assignments, quizzes, etc. Not only does this site offer curriculum-based content that is aligned to common core state standards but it also expands to all content areas. The Reading and Writing category gives users and opportunity to deepen their understanding of the English language by providing users with an outlet to practice sentence structure, spellings, and, vocabulary. I use this site in my own classroom and my students love it! This resource allows me to reinforce and assess the topics I'm teaching in a fun and interactive way. I highly recommend this to all educators!

No comments:

Post a Comment